Hero.

Loading...

17 December 2010

Travel Thoughts

Sometimes I feel like a child. I am sitting on the airplane right now. The person in front of me has insisted on putting their chair back to the full on recline position. I decided that it would be appropriate to adjust and readjust the screen on the mini-television on the back of her chair. I know it was annoying, but I also know that there is not much more space for me to continue with my day. Now I sit here and type as furiously as possible in order to annoy further. I even decided to put my seat back just a little bit to show her. It shows her nothing because it doesn’t affect her at all. I wonder if putting her seat back was in retaliation to the person in front of her putting their seat back. Nope. I just looked and the seat in front her is NOT reclined, she’s just a bitch. That’s it and that’s all.
I was thinking about two hours ago that I can use a public washroom without worrying about what anyone else thinks of my bathroom experience. I wonder if she’s feeling the same type of thing as she sits there all comfortable in her reclined chair. I hope she puts it up when she’s supposed to. If the light comes on I almost feel like being that person who calls for the attendant so that I can request she put her seat back forward while the seatbelt sign is on because I’ll feel that my safety is at risk. I wonder how well that will go over. I bet she freaks out. I thought it was funny in my thoughts.
I love these moments when I feel like a kid all over again, but with humour and honestly.
I’m almost ready to stop typing on the table on the direct back of her chair. Let’s see if it’s even possible with her head nearly in my lap. Joke’s on me, it’s actually much more comfortable for me to type this way. I wish she would have taken the hint. I would love it if we had phones and could call each other in the seats that do not permit you to talk to the person near you with your head in your lap. I would ask the person two rows ahead of me to please recline their seat as far back as possible and then continue to recline even when it’s not possible so that she would see exactly what she has put me through. I wonder if she’s even experienced this type of invasion of privacy? I guess this goes back to me not knowing everyone else’s story.
Okay, that silly bitch! I just got up to use the washroom. Upon my return I decided I would nonchalantly check out space hog in front of me. She’s leaning forward so much because her chair back is too far back and she can’t see the screen well enough! She’s just being a space hog bitch. Dang.

The flight back has been much more pleasant, so far. There is no one sitting in front of me insisting on putting the seat back as far as he/she possibly can. All I know is, I enjoyed an hilarious film, “Fubar 2” 
and then a quickly little nap, about 1.5 hours, and now I’m going to get my second coffee for free on the flight. No booze this time. Today is a money saving day for sure. I will enjoy something to eat at the airport in Vancouver and if I can find that other book for Canada Reads, I’m going to purchase it for sure.
This morning I had a bit of a freak out because I thought I had lost my cheque.
I just watched the plane lady put the ice scoop directly into this person’s cup that already had pop in it! I would have asked for a different cup of pop myself. She then put the scoop back into the ice tray. I hope the woman she’s working with will point out her error to her. THEN, the travesty that befell myself; she never filled up my cup with coffee. I got about 2/3 of a cup and they are small cups to begin with. The nerve. Then, she never gave me a napkin – must be a cost saving measure; not handing out napkins, giving less than full cups of coffee, and just being gross enough to veer those of us with a sensitive pallet away from ordering anything else that we may be entitled to for free. Sure, now that I write entitled to, they will take away the free juice, pop, water, coffee, tea.  
I wrote this while I was heading to and back from Ottawa, Ontario. I have been home for about a month and took the time to write again and found it. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u shouldve asked her how much the scoop was? could u buy it? cos u love and collect soda-flavoured scoops, dontcha?

Phumbling said...

as a matter of fact,...hahaha.

Anonymous said...

fubar is a great movie! fubar 2 is laugh-out-loud good. loved it. respect the Mac, she will freeze you!